Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Monday 29 October 2012

I am REALLY excited

Why you ask?  Because I've been buying again!!!  It's the first time in months and boy have I ever gone to town.

First thing I bought was this

The pattern for the Amy Butler
Sew-A-Long
with
and this is what you need for it:

Materials List

Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
  • 1 5/8 yards of 54" wide heavier Home Dec fabric for the Exterior
  • 2 ½ yards of 54" wide heavier Home Dec fabric for the Lining, Handles and cording
  • 3 ¾ yards of 20" wide fusible woven interfacing (we use Shape Flex® SF-101 by Pellon®)
  • 2 ¼ yards of 20" wide Peltex® #70 by Pellon® or a similar extra-heavy stabilizer
  • 1 sheet of 12" wide x 18" long Heavy Duty Template Plastic from Prim-Dritz ™ (found with the quilting supplies)
  • 5 yards of 6/32" cotton cording (found in the home decorating departments of most stores)
  • 30" coordinating plastic or metal teeth heavyweight zipper (non-separating)
  • 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty XP®)


and so far all I have bought is

2 1/2 yard of Amy Butler's
Home Decor Fresh Start
for inside the bag and the piping

AND 2 yards of this which is
for the outside
Amy Butler's Home Decor Bright Buds
for the outside of the bag

So I think I have a load more to get before I can start well not a load but quite a bit.

I also bought from my friend Dina (Etsy link) who owns Spiceberry Cottage (dot com shop link) these yummy fabrics just because I wanted them

Vintage Modern
Yes I know I'm doing (or supposed to be) making the Block of the Month from The Fat Quarter Shop but I love it so much that I want to put some of it in the Bee In My Bonnet Row Along which I also haven't started yet.  Go on you can tell me off I don't care because after listening to him upstairs it would be like water off a ducks back trust me AND I also bought
Flea Market Fancy just because I LOVE it
PLUS if I can find a photo of it I also bought
Remnant Scraps from Sew Fantantastic Destash
and I was so lucky because the bundle Terri sent me was from Bonnie & Camille and it was Bliss and I had about as much chance of getting this as flying to the moon.  YAY Terri and I hope you are having a nice holiday (vacation)

I also got this amazing Japanese Book for a reasonable price

From Megumi in Japan and it arrived
in good time and absolutely Perfect
AND besides a couple of patterns I also bought some selvedges for a string quilt.  Do you really want to see them????  Okay as you insist I will show them to you

From Connie who is Refabulous2 at Etsy
Well that's it Petals for now anyway.  Okay Petals = you guys who are reading this blog I so love writing if there are any of you out there that is.  

The reason for my hiatis is my DDIL and younger grandson Oliver (3) and Chloe (11 months) have all been ill and we (that's him upstairs and me) have been spending all day there every day and we are just about to go back again.  Poor Danielle had been so poorly and I do hope my DS James doesn't get the lurgie they have all had.  

Until next time ... 
Lots of Love Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way

3 comments:

  1. Now Patti, believe me, I can understand this need to acquire stash, but ....... at some point..... you will actually have to make something with it!! So pick up your ruler and scissors and other patchworky things and make a start!! Love, as ever, Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think buying fabric is the best and most fun thing you can do! And you bought the most wonderful fabrics. Good for you! I am one who stopped that quilt along and joined another and I'm so happy. No one should tell you what to do or not do. Quilting is supposed to be fun. And so is buying fabric!! I didn't know about the week ender though. I have that pattern too but I have so much to do right now. It would be great to make this bag. I will check it out. Thanks so much for your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. test to see if I can leave a comment, fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx