Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Saturday 22 July 2017

I know this isn't soon but ....

Hi,

I've really been away from here, except for the odd post but now I'm really back and sewing on my newly opened sewing machine that I purchased about two and a half years ago. It's been quite a trial with it I can assure you. I have been using sewing machines on and off for a very long time.  I don't suppose you remember but I purchased a Brother something or other 30 and it is now obsolete. If I was sewing clothing on it, it would have been perfect. Or if I'd opened it up when I bought it I could have returned it for something more suitable for quilting, but I didn't!

I have bought more feet for this machine because it came with nothing quilting related!  I purchased the feet over the last couple of years and some more than once and some are useless. Anyway I found out that a quarter inch foot, of which I bought many are no good anymore as you really need a scant 1/4" for all the patterns that are about. The last but one thing I bought was this


But it didn't work, because I had no way of making sure it was a real scant 1/4" and guessing isn't my best thing.  Finally, I found a thing that works beautifully and some tape that even with my shaking I am able to sew perfect scant 1/4" seam.  YAY!!!

Onto the next.  I have been in a quilted postcard swap which I didn't need a scant 1/4" seam for and the first one I sent out last month was this one which was meant to represent summer holidays.  Well seeing as we aren't going anywhere this year I figured that a garden scene would be perfect and I absolutely loved making it and the receiver of it said nothing has fallen off (which I was worried about) and that she loves it.

This months, which is being posted on Monday are these two.  They are supposed to represent song titles.  One is really easy


Whilst the other isn't - except to say it was written and sung by Cat Stevens:

You can guess the titles if you feel like it.

I am so glad to be back and sewing again.  

Stacy still isn't good but she's still here with us for which I am eternally grateful.

See you soon
Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH
but British in every other way
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you....postcards are great!
    I'd love to do more things like that, but I'm bogged down on big projects I owe to others...overcommitted (again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara. I'm so happy to be back. I loved making those postcards and now I'm making 2 mini quilts. One for an exchange and one for Stacy to put on her wall because ai loved them so much. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Patricia ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Lovely to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Abby and it's really nice to be back. Patricia ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I've found something which helped me. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I've found something which helped me. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia, I absolutely adore the quilt you made for your exchange partner (so if you loved it enough that you want to make another ... wink, wink, nudge, nudge ... LOL!)!!! Seriously, it's darling, and the recipient is lucky to have such a beauty!

    I keep saying I'm going to learn to quilt, but there's so much to cross stitch that it hasn't happened. So I don't know the difference between a scant quarter inch and a quarter inch. They sound like the same thing. But I would like to know what the product you bought that helps you make the scant quarter inch seam is! You know - just in case I ever run out of things to stitch! ;-D

    It might also be useful to know what the product that didn't work was called (that was the one in the picture, right?).

    Keep your needles going!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this
    technological globe everything is accessible on
    web?

    Take a look at my homepage :: espionner snapchat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but great
    topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or
    understanding more. Thanks for wonderful information I
    was looking for this info for my mission.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx