Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Friday 10 November 2017

Stacy-Lee Lessell
29th July 1973 - 30th September 2017
RIP My Darling Younger Daughter 
I love and miss you beyond words can say

Hi,

I know it's been a really long time.  But I know a lot of you know how ill our younger daughter had been.  I'm really sorry to say that she passed away 6 weeks ago and was in hospital for 3 weeks before that in the Intensive Care Unit of Watford General Hospital, who were exceptional and really tried their very hardest to save her.

To say we are gutted is putting it mildly.  She was my baby and my best friend.  I know we really looked alike and were very alike, so we really shouldn't have gotten on but we so did.  I miss her so much and really have had my moments.  I think about her as I wake up and for the rest of each and every day.  It's so very hard because it's not the way it's supposed to be.  I'm the mother and Larry is her father and we should have passed away first.

I got a phone call from the hospital at 11 am that morning to say that she just wasn't going to make it and to come as soon as possible.  The problem was James (her brother) and my lovely daughter-in-law and younger grandchildren were all in Synagogue and I had no way of getting in touch with them then because it was our most religious day of the year - Yom Kippur which also happened to be a Saturday.  I knew that although it is a fasting holiday the children wouldn't be fasting and Danielle would take them home and feed them.  So I got hold of her an hour later and she got a message to James and they and our elder daughter Sara-Jane and her ex-Husband and children joined Larry and me at the hospital.

Stacy was laid to rest the following Tuesday, which isn't as fast as we usually bury our dead but it just couldn't be helped.  And whilst we would normally sit Shiva for 7 days and evenings which prayers at around 20:00 each evening we could only sit Shiva for 1 day and night because the next day at sundown Sukkot  started and one is not allowed to break the Shiva for a holiday and then start sitting again after the holiday finishes.  Wish we could have because one day wasn't really enough. But rules are rules.  Anyway my Mom passed away on first day Sukkot so I had to light yet another Yahziet candle in remembrance of her death.

There were in excess of 200 people at the funeral and the even more at the Shiva.


Sara-Jane is on the Left
Dad is in the Middle Top
I'm in the Middle sitting
Stacy-Lee on the Right next to me
James is on the Left next to me

See you soon Patricia xxx
American by Birth and MOUTH
but British in every other way

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Sending my heartfelt condolences. I'm so sorry for the loss of Stacy-Lee. How deeply you cherished her, and the commitment of your family to her care and comfort, was beautiful. That is the essence of family. Please know that many hearts go out to you during this wrenching time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We really appreciate your kind words. Patricia x

      Delete
  2. My thoughts and prayers go with you. May you be comforted by your faith and the faith that your baby is safe with her creator.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have said thank you to all 6 at once. Your kind words are appreciated x

      Delete
  3. I'm so so sorry for your loss. There are no words that will help, but know that I'm thinking of you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I really appreciate your words and care xxx

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers across the miles for you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you must be grieved beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope nobody has to cope with the loss of a child, no matter how old. It’s not the way it’s supposed to be xxx

      Delete
  6. My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine
    simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx