Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Monday 29 August 2011

Day TWO - the excitement mounts

Boy is my excitement mounting.  I just can't begin to explain how much. And now Ladies and Gentlemen for the promised first, sort of, tutorial on how to get going with your Go! Baby.

I think of lot of making anything is in the preparation.  And here is where it starts.  The first thing you have to do is unpack it, whether you have bought, won or otherwise procured a Go! Baby or a Go! wonderful machine.

Now it's time for Part 1 of How to Mark Your Dies with Ebony Love of Love Bug Studios - she is just THE BEST.


Now you can watch Part 2 of How to Mark Your Dies if they are Geometric or Multiples again by Ebony Love:


Here is Part 3 of the series by Ebony Love and this time it's for Appliques:


Before you start cutting anything you really must watch this video by Ebony Love (yes I am A HUGE fan of her's) on how to get straight cuts for your new Accuquilt G! Baby or Go! There are actually two videos here and please watch them in order:




So the first thing I did was go and try and buy myself a couple of silver sharpies. Could I get them? NO WAY!!! Nobody in this darn country I have adopted had any so I looked at them all and decided to buy these because they would give me the widest choice of colors. I have marked my first die board and here are some pictures to show you:

 These are the Sharpies I bought yesterday and as you can see
I have a choice of four colors to use

 This is the die before I marked it

And this is it after.  As you can see
I chose Green first but that didn't work too well
so, I decided to use the pink which worked way better.
I still would have preferred Silver!!!

Until tomorrow when I, hopefully, will have enough energy to iron some fabric and actually use my new Go! Baby!!! I have discovered ironing sitting down since I can't stand and do it.  And I am sure that this new toy of mine will make my quilting come alive as it won't matter at all how much I am shaking when I use the GO! Baby!!  Such is life with Multiple Sclerosis!!!  Each day brings something else exciting and new!  Okay so I'm being sarcastic but it sure beats being self pitying that's for sure.  PMA all the way!  That's for the uninitiated Positive Mental Attitude - well it's gotten me through the past 20 years and will continue to get me past the next 20 at least and quilting all the way. 

Lots of Love
Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! Thanks so much for the compliments! Why don't you send me an email through my site (quiltpossible.com) with your mailing address, and I'll pop some Silver sharpies over to you. No one should be without silver sharpies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Queenie, I saw you on Twitter and wanted to catch up with you. I wish I had some space to quilt. Need to get on my Christmas lap quilts for my little grands. But cleaning off the jewelry-making from my dining room table is such a daunting task!
    Email me so we can chat...
    Hugs,
    Deb/MiniMe

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx