Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Things just got from bad to worse

I waited in all day Tuesday for the courier company to come and guess what?  They never turned up.  I was so angry I was spitting blood.  I told them via the 'speaking' thing on their website and the first woman I spoke to couldn't care less and just kept on telling me that if I had read their small print I would have seen that they don't guarantee picking up the parcel when they say.  I explained that I had a day from hell on Wednesday (yesterday) and after 12pm nobody would be home.  So the second woman said she would request that the parcel was collected between 8a.m. and 12p.m.  Did they turn up?  No way Jose!

So what did I do next?  Well I called my younger daughter whose car was written off on Sunday morning by some idiot boy she let drive it.  Don't get me started on that one!  She isn't a kid.  Anyway I needed a favor from her insomuch as I needed her to stay at my house whilst I ran around like a lunatic.

My day yesterday started at 7:00 a.m.  I am NEVER awake at that time unless I have been up all night.  At 7:15 I got my grandson and took him to school in Borehamwood from Bushey where we live.  Too darn early because school doesn't open until 8:00 a.m. so I waited in the car park with him for 15 minutes. Then I drove home and went out at 12:00 to get Stacy, Borehamwood again, because the couriers hadn't turned up.  Got home again and took Larry to hospital  in Watford for a test which would last most of the afternoon.  Drove home again and ate lunch of sorts.  Then at 3:15 I left again to be able to park in car park in Borehamwood and collected Sammy from school again at 4:15.  Took him with me to collect Larry from hospital in Watford drove back to Elstree to drop Sammy off at a hotel there for his boxing lessons.  Then drove home and collected Stacy and drove her home and then got home finally at 6:30pm. And this is all from somebody who hates driving.  I drove almost 100 miles yesterday.  I just think the people aren't safe on the road with me driving as my reactions  aren't great anymore thanks to the MS and age probably.

The courier company finally turned up at around 4:45p.m/ yesterday and the sewing machine went back to where I bought it from via Parcel2Go and luckily paid an extra amount to insure it.  So Hobkirk (the people I got the machine from) in Blackburn got the machine back today and opened it and found it was smashed.  Lucky for me I paid extra for insurance.  Now they want all kinds of photos and the machine was not sent back in the original box because I didn't have it anymore.  I do hope they pay out because the machine cost me £499.00.

Please hope they pay out because if they don't I won't have another machine for quite a while.

Until next time ...
Lots of Love Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way

1 comment:

  1. Wow that WAS a day from hell! I think that the courier should pay in full plus extra for aggravation! I'll be hoping along with you that things work out smoothly...


I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx