Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Monday 18 June 2012

If you read my other blog ...

... you will know I have had a totally crap week!  It's a new week now but I'm still sad.

Anyway enough of that.  This is a QUILTING blog so Aquilting we shall go.  I recently went to a class at Lucy Summerville's house which is totally stunning to say the least and I have some photos to share with you.  Putting these photos up will cheer me up if nobody else because it was such a great day.

This was Lucy spreading the paint over
the piece of fabric exactly right which was
more than I could do that's for sure
This was Lucy (obviously) after
she had hand printed a piece of
fabric.  Just gorgeous.


A quilt Lucy had made
which was so yummy it was untrue

This is one of the blocks she had inserted
(sorry can't remember what this technique is
called but I so want to learn how to do it)

Some more inserts of the same quilt
- just too gorgeous for words

This was a picture Lucy made of a nine patch
so much better in real life but it's
gorgeous here nonetheless 

The reverse side of that gorgeous quilt
both so gorgeous (I know I know I'm overusing that 'g' word
but it is so deserved)

And yet another of Lucy's quilts
ok I'll call it yummy this time but
it's still utterly gorgeous

A cushion Lucy made on
top of one of her yummy quilts
(see I didn't use the gorgeous word but it is)

This scrummy quilt Lucy made out of scraps
How cool is this!!!!

Lastly these are two small quilts
Lucy made out of Summerville which
can be purchased all over the world
and the fabric is FABULOUS!!!
 See I knew I'd feel a bit better after doing this post and looking at all these fabulously gorgeous things that Lucy has made has made me feel a little bit better.  If you want to know why my last couple of weeks have been so crappy just go to my Stitching Blog and you can see why.  I will warn you it's really a depressing blog post.

Until next time ... 
Lots of Love
Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way

3 comments:

  1. Patti, Love your blog! What a charming sense of humor you have. Your pictures are wonderful and I feel happy too. I need to begin sewing again and your blog does that. I think Lucy's fabric is amazing and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're right, there are some gorgeous quilts and fabrics in this post. I specially loved the one with the inset stars, I'd love to know what the technique is called too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Sorry, I mewant to say I'm sorry you've been having a rough time of it, hopefully it'll all improve soon/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx